The Department of Civil Engineering targets to be a Center of Excellence in the World of Sustainable Development by providing distinguished Civil Engineering Education, Research and Social Services.
The Departments mission is to prepare students for a distinguished career in the field of Civil Engineering by educating students to be able to apply knowledge and diverse sets of skills, focus on practical and innovative research, work in teams, communicate effectively and uphold ethical standards of professional practice to solve problems with pragmatic solutions.
1. To produce graduates who are recognized as creative engineers having command over Science & Engineering principles to solve Civil Engineering problems addressing the sustainable technological challenges.
2. To prepare graduates who are capable of playing key roles in sustainable development in Civil Engineering design.
3. To produce graduates who possess technical competence related to analysis, design, construction and maintenance of the built and natural environment and to understand the humanistic and social aspects of societys relationship with its surroundings.
4. To produce graduates who excel in research and development activities.
5. To develop innovative research and consultancy activities.